The Meeting of the Executive Board was held at Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Colombo, Sri Lanka on 26th September, 2017. Mr. Shathif Ali, President-AMDISA and Dean, MNU Business School, Maldives National University, Male’, Maldives chaired the meeting.
L-R: 1st row (sitting) - Prof. Dr. Ajantha Dharmasiri, Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad, His Excellency Mr. Munir Ghiasy,
Ambassador of Afghanistan to Sri Lanka (Special Guest), Mr. Shathif Ali, Prof, Lakshman R Watawala and
Dr. Syed Zahoor Hasan 2nd row (standing) - Mr. C. Ramakrishna, Dr. Rajan Saxena, Prof. Nisar Ahmed Siddiqui,
Dr. Shahid Amjad Chaudhry, Dr. Sonam Choiden, Prof. G. Raghuram, Dr. A K M Saiful Majid, Prof. Errol D' Souza (Special Invitee) and Dr. Anil Rao Paila.
The highlights of the meeting were:
1. The Board condoled the demise of Prof. Dr. Alimullah Miyan, Member, Executive Board Founder& ViceChancellor, International University of Business Agriculture & Technology (IUBAT), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2. Appointed Prof. Dr. Ajantha Dharmasiri, Director, Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Colombo, Sri Lanka as a Convener of the Sub-Committee on Strategic Plan for AMDISA.
3. Noted the following changes in Executive Board: Dr. (Ms) Sonam Choiden, President, Gaeddu College of Business Studies, under the Royal University of Bhutan on the Executive Board as Member.
4. Approved the accounts for the financial year 2016-2017.
5. Approved the appointment of Auditors for the financial year 2016-2017.
6. Approved the draft MoU with the University of Hyderabad and authorized the Executive Director to execute the MoU on behalf of AMDISA.